Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Attack rabbit!



The Rex breed seems to tend to be a fairly docile breed, in general. Since this is the breed I've always had all of my rabbits have accepted handling with resignation at least and some have been actively friendly.

I've always been a bit surprised at the number of people who have mentioned having rabbits that are difficult to handle, that will bite when they attempt to remove feed pans or reach in to feed. I have had does that will grumble at me when I count babies or handle them the first week or so but I've never had any of my rabbits show aggression otherwise. I've been scratched, of course, picking rabbits up that are not handled routinely and are apprehensive, but I have never had one offer to bite.

That is, until I started photographing a litter of Rex babies, just three weeks old and discovered that I have an ATTACK RABBIT!




He insisted on sitting in the corner, looking grumpy and definitely uncooperative.


" I don't WANT my picture taken!"






I told my husband to put his finger in and poke him to see if he would move away from the corner. Bunny responded with aerobatics that landed him in the middle of the cage, in fact, I think a backwards somersault, but he definitely was not impressed.



He began by sneaking up on that "thing" that poked him through HIS cage.





Then, he decided he wanted no part of whatever it was in HIS cage. He attacked, trying to bite! He was so fast I couldn't get pictures of the actual attack though it didn't help that we were both laughing so hard I couldn't have focused the camera anyway.

And I have to admit ... now ... I have seen an attack rabbit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment